Acem Travels to India Saturday, 31 October to Saturday, 14 November 2020
Price: EURO 2550. The fee include everything on the program as described here. (Currency exchanges and taxes may be subject to change.)
- On Saturday, the 31st of October, we gather at our hotel in New Delhi. It is easy to get there from the airport. Right after you leave customs, go to the desk for Pre-paid taxis, book and pay there for the trip to the hotel. The trip takes approx. 45 minutes and costs approx. 7 EUR.
- On the Sunday morning the 1st of November, we travel in good standard buses to the retreat hotel in the Himalayas.
- The six day retreat in Acem meditation is led by Are Holen, Acem’s founder.
- Accommodation is in single rooms during the retreat, otherwise in double rooms during the post retreat tour.
- Full pension (lacto-vegetarian).
- Transport in good standard buses and cars.
- Excursions and entrance fees to sights are included.
- Sightseeing in Delhi.
- Flights to and from Delhi are NOT included in the fees. This way, participants can book cheaper tickets for themselves. We can provide helpful advice for the trip to and from India. It is also possible that several participants wish to travel as a group. If you have any questions, please contact Acem.
- Optional excursions, for example to The Taj Mahal and Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary are paid for by the individual participant.
- Single rooms on the post-retreat tour in the mountains and in Delhi may be possible to book for an extra fee, depending on the number of participants. Please contact Acem for more information.
- There may be minor improvements in the program at a later date.
Deposit: Final registration is made by paying the non-refundable deposit of EUR 1000. The number of participants on the trip is limited, and registered on a first come, first serve basis. Registration is recorded according to the date the deposit is paid.
Sign up: Email Acem Travels and ask for information.
Balance amount: The full balance payment must be made by the 12th August 2020.
Prerequisites for participants: Anyone who has learned Acem meditation and who wants to practice long meditations at the retreat. This is not a high-altitude trekking trip. The standard of accommodation and transport is high. Our highest stop is about 2000 meters above sea level.
Travel leader: Torbjørn Hobbel, Acem Meditation Initiator.
Lecturer at the retreat: Are Holen, Acem’s founder.
Travel Insurance: All participants must have valid travel insurance. In case of cancellation due to illness etc, your travel insurance must cover the lost payment of the trip.
Course language: English. Guidance groups also in Scandinavian languages.
Climate: At the retreat in the foothills of the Himalayas (altitude 550m) and in Delhi, November often has a pleasant Norwegian summer temperature but it can be somewhat chilly at night. (Minumum Temperature 15°C/60°F. Maximum Temperature 25°C/77°F). Higher up in the mountains, the nights can be cold. Therefore, bring warm clothing.
Visa to India: Arranged by each participant. Check this option: Indian Visa Online.
Vaccines for visits to India: Check with your doctor well in advance of departure.
Time difference: In November, India is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Scandinavia.
Shopping in India: Very good opportunities for bargains. This applies, among other things, to traditional Indian goods, such as rugs, handicrafts, textiles, clothing. Also, western clothing etc. can be bought at reasonable prices. We recommend especially that you shop in Delhi at the end of the trip and good advice can be provided by other retreat participants.